The union of agriculture cooperatives of Serres was founded in 1923 by many cooperatives that are located in various villages around Serres.
The object of the work of the cooperatives was mainly to ensure loans granted to farmers-members as guarantors to the National Bank or from the funds of the Partnership to deal with particular needs or emergencies. The establishment of the Union contributed to the rapid spread of the cooperative ideology in all villages of the county and to the promotion of the basic demands of the rural world.
From the foundation until now the Union has passed through various stages of development, and for four years (during the German occupation) from 1941 to 1944 interrupted its function. Today the Union includes 184 cooperatives.